Saturday, June 30, 2012

Eau "No!"


Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme

I tried this one today and what a disappointment.  To me, Chanel is one of best designer fragrance houses on the market.  I love their Egoiste, Pour Monsieur, No. 5 Pure Parfum, No. 5 Eau Premiere, Chanel No. 19, Antaeus and so on.  Looking at my photo below, you will see that at some point I did own Chanel Allure Homme Sport.  I bought it because it smells pleasant and also for nostalgic reasons.  I like bold and strong fragrances.  When the Eau Extreme version came out, I was eager to smell it.  Having the word "extreme" in it makes me even more excited.  So today, I sprayed it on my arm, it reminded me of the original version.  It definitely has the DNA of the original Allure Homme Sport.  Eau Extreme is spicier but less richer than the original.  It feels like a watered down version of Allure Homme Sport.  It projects less and lasts less than AHS.  To my surprise, there is nothing extreme about the new flanker.  This should have been called Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau L'eau or Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Premiere or Chanel Allure Homme Sport Light or Chanel Allure Homme Sportier - ha!.  For me, the original is still better than the new flanker.  

No comments:

Post a Comment