Thursday, June 28, 2012

"Dubai" or Not To Buy...

Kabul Aoud by Montale

Launched in Dubai as an exclusive from the house of Montale.  We all know that Montale is known for their redundant rose+oud combo.  However, this ones takes a different direction.   With notes of cedar, guaiac wood and oud, this opens up a little sweet actually.  The initial spray reminds me of the smell of honey with the oud in the background.  As it goes to the heart, the sweetness dissipates and the oud comes out more and more - it is the smoky type of oud.  And that's where it stays for the rest of its life which means you get to enjoy the oud note for a very long time.  I like it but it didn't really blow my socks off.  This seems to be pretty light but this it is one of those deceiving juices where you might think you sprayed very little but apparently everyone around you can smell it.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your beautiful looking blog. Welcome to the scentbloggosphere. I hope it brings you all the good stuff you're looking for,
    Portia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much! I am just a newbie in the blogging world. A lot to learn from me. =)

    ReplyDelete